Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie with Root Mash
Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie with Root Mash ready in 1 hour!
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
- 900g Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 200g Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 500g Swede, peeled and chopped
- Milk and butter for mashing
- 400g Vegetarian mince
- 1000g Homepride Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 50g Grated Cheese (optional)
- Place the potatoes, Carrots and swede in a large pan with lid, bring to the boil and then simmer gently until cooked. Drain and mash with milk and butter and then set aside.
- Place the vegetarian mince into a serving dish and pour over the Homepride Tomato & Basil sauce. Mix well.
- Spread the mashed root vegetables evenly over the shepherd's pie mixture and sprinkle over the grated cheese if using.
- Bake 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 35 or minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve with fresh vegetables
As an alternative use parsnips instead of swede
Check Mince label for additional allergen information.