Tofu & Shiitake Mushrooms in Black Bean Sauce
Pan fried Tofu, with Shiitake Mushrooms, Peppers & Onions in Black Bean Sauce
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serving Size: 450g
- 2kg Tofu (2cm dice)
- 400g Green Peppers (15mm dice)
- 400g Onions (15mm dice)
- 200g Shiitake Mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 1.5kg Sharwood's Black Bean Sauce
- In a little sunflower oil, fry the Tofu, until it begins to brown and then remove from the pan.
- Pan fry the onions and green peppers for 2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes
- Add the Tofu and pour in the Black Bean sauce
- Heat through and serve
Dry the tofu slightly before frying; this will allow the skin to crisp up. Alternatively the tofu can be deep fried or shallow fried in a little more oil.