Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 250g Dried stoned and chopped dates
- 325ml Apple juice
- 150ml Water
- 225g Canned apples drained
- 1/2tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 700g McDougalls Sponge Mix
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°.
- Grease a 25cm x 35cm tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place all the dates, apple juice, water, apples and bicarbonate of soda in a pan and bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes until dates are soft. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the fruit and date mixture, and beat for one minute. Add the McDougalls Sponge Mix and mix on a slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down and mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
- Turn out onto a wire rack so that the baking paper is on the top. Peel paper off gently, cut, and serve.
50% Fruit Recipe