Summer Berry Pavlova Sharing Dessert
Pavlova is a meringue based dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer Anna Pavlova. The meringue is usually softer than most desserts, which can be achieved by cooking it for less time than a traditional meringue.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hours
For the pavlova base
- 37.5g McDougalls Meri White
- 250ml Water
- 500g Granulated sugar
For the filling
- 250g Fresh strawberries (washed, drained
- and chopped)
- 250g Raspberries
- 200g Blueberries
- 100g Redcurrants
- 5 Sprigs of mint
- 750g Double cream
- 750g Ambrosia custard
- In a bowl with a whisk attachment, whisk the water and Meri White (ensure the Meri White fully dissolves).
- Add the sugar and whisk at a high speed until the meringue begins to peak.
- Pipe out 5 small pavlova bases onto a suitable baking tray and dry out in a cool oven (50°C – 90°C) for a few hours. Ensure it stays chewy.
- In a separate bowl with a whisk attachment, whisk together the double cream and Ambrosia, to a soft peak.
- Pipe the cream into the pavlova base and top with the fresh fruits and a sprig of mint.
- You can turn the temperature up a little (approximately 100°C) to give the meringue a little colour and help cook the base a little quicker
- To stop the bases sticking, bake on either silicon paper or silicon mats
- For a little more indulgence, add vanilla seeds to the cream