Stilton and Walnut Scones
McDougalls Savory Scone Mix with grated stilton and walnuts.
- 450g McDougalls Savoury Scone mix
- 200ml Milk
- 100ml Natural Yoghurt
- 150g Stilton (grated)
- 50g Walnuts(chopped)
- 1 Egg (for glaze)
- Place the McDougalls Savoury Scone Mix, walnuts and Stilton into a bowl fitted with a beater.
- Mix together the milk and the yoghurt and blend into the scone mix on a medium speed until a dough is formed. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and gently roll out to 13cm(1/2). Cut into rounds with a 7cm cutter, place in a flat baking tray and brush with egg wash. Bake at 200c/400f/gas mark 6 until golden brown.
- Remove the scone to a wire rack to cool down.
Why not batch cook a larger number of scones than you need and when cool place then into an airtight container and place in the freezer for use at a later time.