Steamed Syrup Pudding
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 128g
- 400g McDougalls Plain Sponge Mix
- 360ml Water
- 275g Golden syrup
- Place the water into a mixing bowl and add the McDougalls Plain Sponge mix.
- Select the whisk attachment and mix on a slow speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down.
- Mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Grease a 900g (2lb) tin or pudding basin and pour the golden syrup into the base.
- Pour the mixture into the tin or bowl. Cover with a piece of pleated foil and steam for 35 - 40 minutes in a combi steamer or bake in the oven at 180°C/ 375°F / gas mark 4 for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Serve with Bird's custard
As an alternative make in individual moulds.
Can be made with Jam or Maple Syrup.