Spicy Bean Hot Pot with Homepride Tomato & Basil Sauce
It’s a quick and simple dish to make and can also be made up to a day in advance.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 300g Leeks (sliced)
- 500ml Bisto Vegetable Bouillon (made as per instructions)
- 20ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Onions (finely diced)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 100g Celery (finely diced)
- 2g Chilli powder
- 5g Ground cumin
- 5g Smoked paprika
- 1l Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 500g Sweet potato (diced)
- 800g Red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 800g Butter beans (drained and rinsed)
- 800g Cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Blanch the sliced leeks in the Bisto Vegetable Bouillon.
3. Once cooked, drain and reserve the cooking liquor.
4. Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Fry the onions for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned.
5. Add the garlic, celery and fry for a further two minutes. Add chilli powder, cumin and paprika.
6. Cook for one minute and then add the Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce and add the sweet potato with the reserved Bisto Vegetable Bouillon cooking liquor. Stir in the beans and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Spoon the bean mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with the blanched leeks.
8. Bake for about 35 minutes until the leeks are tender, lightly browned and the filling in bubbling.
Why not try different variations of beans, such as borlotti, black eyed beans or even chickpeas