Spiced Chickpeas Spread
This recipe is suitable for diabetics.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 25ml Sunflower oil
- 1 Large onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 75g Sharwood's Korma Paste
- 100g Savoy cabbage (shredded)
- 2 x 400g Tinned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 50ml Red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add Sharwood's Korma Paste and fry to release the spices.
- Add the shredded cabbage and cook until it wilts, then add chickpeas and combine. Now reserve two tablespoons of the mixture to garnish if you wish.
- Blend the remaining mixture to a purée and serve on toasted bread topped with some of the reserved chickpeas and cabbage.
- You could add fresh coriander to the paste if you wish
- This would also work with an onion salad