Chicken Tikka with Spicy Gravy
This dish uses a chicken supreme, which means the wing bone has been kept in and the skin kept on. Keeping the bone in, keeps the meat more moist and makes it more presentable on the plate. If you keep the skin on, this too will keep the moisture in the meat.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 10 Chicken supremes (wing bone in, skin on)
- 200g Sharwood’s Tikka Paste
- 200g Natural yoghurt
- 2ltrs Boiling water
- 150g Bisto Chicken Gravy Granules
- Make the marinade by mixing together the Tikka Paste and the yogurt. Rub all over the chicken supremes, cover and chill for 4 – 12 hours.
- Place the chicken on a suitable roasting tray (do not overlap) and into a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, then remove the chicken from the tray and place to one side to rest.
- Heat the roasting tray on the top of the stove and pour in the boiling water to deglaze.
- Stir in the Bisto Chicken Gravy Granules until thickened and then pass through a fine sieve, into a separate pan, and keep warm.
Marinade the chicken for 4 -12 hours for a fuller flavour.
Serve one chicken supreme per portion with chunky chips, seasonal vegetables and a jug of spicy gravy.