Sweet & Sour Chicken Noodles
Sharwood’s Sweet & Sour Chicken, with Pineapple & Red & Green Peppers, on a Bed of Noodles, in a take away style container.
Prep Time: —
Cooking Time: —
Serving Size: 200g
- 700g Sharwood's Medium Dried Noodles
- 50ml Vegetable Oil (for coating the cooked noodles)
- 50ml Vegetable Oil (for frying the chicken & vegetables)
- 700g Frozen Cooked Chicken (defrosted and drained)
- 150g Frozen Red & Green Peppers (defrosted & drained)
- 150ml Canned Pineapple Pieces (drained)
- 1200g Sharwood's Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 10g Fresh Chopped Coriander
- 150g Sharwood's Prawn Crackers
- Place noodles in boiling water for approx 3 minutes (until just cooked)
- Drain the noodles and plunge into cold water and drain again
- Drizzle the cold noodles in a little oil, to prevent them from sticking
- Place in a suitable container, then refrigerate (at this stage the noodles can be pre-portioned, if desired). The noodles can be held this way for upto 24 hours.
- Place a little oil in a large frying pan or wok Add the chicken, peppers and pineapple and cook for approx 2 minutes, or just until they begin to colour, then pour in the sauce and bring to a simmer. (at this stage the chicken and sauce can be held in a bain marie for ease of service).
- In a separate frying pan or wok, place in one portion of the noodles and heat through, stirring or tossing from time to time to prevent sticking.
- Place the noodles in the noodle box and carefully pour over a portion of the chicken, sauce and vegetables.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with Sharwood's Prawn Crackers.