Bombay Chicken with Red Lentils
Sharwood’s Balti Sauce with chicken thigh and red lentils.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hours 20 mins
Serving Size: 180g
- 400g Red Lentils (canned) - washed
- 100g Onion - chopped
- 1 Green Chilli - finely sliced
- 3 tsp Cumin - ground
- 1 tsp Tumeric - ground
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger - finely chopped
- 1675ml Water
- 1kg Chicken thigh meat, chopped
- 450g Sharwood's Balti Sauce
- Combine the lentils, onions, chillies, cumin, turmeric and ginger with the water in a large pan.
- Bring to the boil then simmmer for 45 minutes.
- In another large pan, brown the chicken pieces, then add to the lentils and cook until the chicken is tender - approx 25 minutes.
- Add the Sharwood's Balti Sauce, mix well and heat through.
- Serve with Sharwood's Naan bread.