Mussels, anchovies and your favourite sea food, with rice, cooked in a vegetable Bisto Bouillon
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 440g
- 20ml Vegetable Oil
- 300g Onions, chopped
- 2 Chillies, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 675g Long Grain Rice
- 1 Pinch Saffron
- 2500ml Boiling Water
- 60g Bisto Vegetable Bouillon Paste
- 450g Fresh Mussels
- 325g Mixed seafood
- 100g Fresh Anchovies
- 4 Tbsp's Fresh Mixed Herbs, chopped
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic & chilli for a few minutes until softened
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring
- Soak the saffron strands in the boiling water, add the bouillon paste and stir until dissolved. Gradually add to the rice, simmering gently between each addition, cook for about 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- simmer and steam the mussels in a little boiling water or stock for 2-3 minutes until opened (discard any which have not opened)
- Add the mussels to the rice together with the seafood, anchovies and herbs and warm through gently.
For an even healthier alternative, try adding a little brown rice.