Rum and Raisin Ice Cream
Rum and raisin ice cream using Bird’s Ice cream powder and Jamaican rum
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: —
Serves: 14 portions
- 200g Bird's Ice cream powder
- 400ml Whole milk
- 40g of Rum
- 100g of Raisins
- Place the rum and raisins into suitable container and allow marinade, ideally over night. Strain the raisins from the rum, ensuring you keep both parts
- Place the correct amount of milk and into a mixing bowl. Select the whisk attachment
- Blend the correct amount of Bird's ice cream powder milk and rum using a whisk on HIGH speed for 5 minutes. Fold in the raisins once completely mixed.
- Portion into suitable container and freeze.
Try using semi skimmed or skimmed milk in place of full fat to deliver a lower calorie ice cream