Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Serving Size: 150g
- 50g Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing mix
- 275ml 275 ml (10 fl oz) Cold water
- 500g McDougalls White Bread and Roll Mix
- 350ml Warm water
- 8Q Veggie Sausages (De frosted and cut in half lengthways)
- 50g Red onion, thinly sliced
- 50g Mushrooms, sliced
- 50g Grated cheese
- 15ml Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 75g Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Make up the Paxo sage and onion stuffing mix using cold water and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Make up the McDougalls White Bread and Roll Mix: Place the mix in a bowl fitted with a dough hook and blend in the water on slow speed for 1 minute.
- Continue to mix on medium speed for a further 6 minutes.
- Roll the dough to a large rectangle and place on to a greased baking tray.
- Spread the centre of the dough with half of the Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce, half of the remaining filling ingredients i.e. Quorn sausages placed lengthways, sage and onion stuffing mix, onions, mushrooms, and grated cheese.
- Fold the bottom half of the dough up so it covers the filling, and then top with the remaining sauce, sausages, sage and onion stuffing mix, onions, mushrooms and cheese.
- Fold the top half over this. Press down lightly.
- Using the end of a spoon, push holes into the bread to help seal.
- Brush with a little sauce and then sprinkle with additional cheese if required. Leave to prove in a warm place for 15-20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 20 - 25 mins until golden brown. For fan assisted ovens bake at 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Cut into slices and serve either hot or cold.
As an alternative use Homepride Bolognese sauce and substitute the mushroom for sweetcorn for a colourful version of this dish