Profiteroles with Ambrosia & Clementine Cream
Congratulations to Spaldwick Community Primary School, crowned the McDougalls Young Baking Team of the Year 2016. The team from Spaldwick, Cambridgeshire, baked their way to the top spot with these delicious and incredibly light Profiteroles.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Meal Type: Dessert
- 100g Butter
- 300ml water
- 130g McDougalls Self Raising Flour
- 4 Eggs
- Clementine juice
- Ambrosia Custard
- Double cream
- Warm water
- Fondant icing sugar
- Melted milk or dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C and grease 3 baking trays.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat, add the water and bring to the boil. Add the flour all at once and stir in. Beat until the mixture leaves the side of the pan.
- Beat the eggs and then add to the pan a little at a time, beating vigorously. Put large teaspoons of mixture onto the greased baking tray leaving space between for growth. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 190°C for a further 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For the filling, combine 1 part Clementine juice with 3 parts Ambrosia Custard and 6 parts double cream, then whisk to a soft peak.
- For the topping, mix a little warm water into some fondant icing sugar until smooth; fold through some warm melted milk or dark chocolate (2 parts icing to 1 part chocolate). You'll need the consistency to flow slightly, so on cooling it will set.