These delicious Persian Flapjacks were created by the winner’s of the McDougalls Wholesaler Baking Team of the Year 2017, Bidfood
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 600g McDougalls Flapjack Mix
- 50g Chopped pistachios
- 75g Dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 60ml Water
For the icing:
- 150g Icing sugar
- 1tsp Rose water
- 50ml Warm water
For the topping:
- 25g Roughly chopped pistachios
- 25g Pomegranate seeds
- 20g Stem ginger
- 1g Rose petals
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Place the flapjack mix in a large mixing bowl with the chopped pistachios, cranberries and grated orange zest, stir well to distribute the fruit and add the water. Mix lightly and ensure you don't over beat.
- Place the mixture into a greased tin 30 x 20cm, lined with non-stick greaseproof paper. Press down gently
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. The centre will be soft to the touch but this will continue to cook whilst cooling.
- Whilst the flapjack is still warm, cut into 10 portions, carefully lift the individual flapjacks out with the greaseproof paper and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the topping ingredients by chopping roughly
- Make the icing by sifting the icing sugar into a bowl. Add half the water and all of the rose water. Gradually add the remaining water until the icing is smooth, thick but thin enough to pipe.
- Place the icing in a piping bag, cut a small hole at the point.
- Carefully separate the cut flapjack into portions and place on the wire rack allowing a small gap between each one.
- When cooled slightly, lightly pipe the icing onto the flapjack and decorate with the pistachios, pomegranate seeds and rose petals.
- Serve with a warm jasmine tea.