Pear and Chocolate Muffins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 775g McDougalls Chocolate Muffin Mix
- 225ml Pear Juice, drained and made up with water if necessary,
- 200g Canned Pears in juice (drained chopped and juice retained)
- 75g Chocolate Chips
- Place the McDougalls Chocolate Muffin Mix into a mixing bowl fitted with a beater. Blend in the pear juice on slow speed for 1 minute, scrape down the bowl and add the chopped pears and 50g (2oz) of the chocolate chips and mix for a further 1 minute on medium speed. Do not overmix.
- Using an ice cream scoop divide the batter between 12 muffin cases sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to touch. For fan-assisted ovens, reduce temperature to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
Check Chocolate chips label for additional allergen information.