- 150g McDougalls Plain Flour
- 30g Butter (melted)
- Plus extra butter or oil for frying
- 15g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 350ml Milk
- 150ml Yoghurt
- Fruit to serve
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and the melted butter.
- Place the flour and sugar in a bowl and slowly pour in the egg, milk and butter mixture, stirring as you go until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a moderate heat and add a small knob of butter or a splash of oil.
- When the pan is hot, pour enough pancake mix to just cover the base of the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute on one side, then flip or turn it over and cook for another minute until it's just golden.
- Repeat until all the pancakes are made, serve with fresh fruit and yoghurt
- Use a heavy frying pan so you get good heat transfer and the pancakes don't burn
- If you are doing a lot, try doing 2-3 at a time if you have enough pans
- Don't over mix the mixture as the pancake will be tough
- Use a 2oz ladle to portion the mixture
- Pancakes can be stacked between baking parchment, if they are being made in advance, then folded into quarters to be served