Pancakes in Orange Sauce (Crepe Suzette)
Classic Crepe Dish in an Orange and Cointreau Sauce
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serving Size: 95g
- 450g McDougalls Yorkshire Batter Mix
- 775ml water
- 50g oil (for cooking the crepes)
- 600ml orange juice (fresh or carton)
- 4 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 200ml Cointreau (or Grand Marnier / Brandy)
- 200g caster sugar
- 160g unsalted butter
- Place the McDougalls Yorkshire Batter Mix in a bowl fitted with a whisk. Blend in the water on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down and whisk for a further 4 minutes on medium speed until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a little oil in an omelette or non stick frying pan, when hot add approximately 60g batter. Cook each pancake for about 40 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm.
- Heat the butter in a pan and when melted and hot, add the Cointreau, orange juice, lemon juice, zest and sugar and reduce until by half.
- Fold the crepes in half, then half again, place in the sauce, warm through and serve.
Classically this dish is made with Grand Marnier but you can also omit the alcohol and why not serve with Bird's Ice Cream.