Mulled Wine & Ginger Trifle
In this dessert, we soak chunks of ginger cake in warm mulled wine, then top with the Ambrosia cream and crushed ginger biscuits.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serving Size: 140g
- 400g Ginger Sponge - 1cm pieces
- 200ml Mulled Wine (warm)
- 400g Double Cream
- 400g Ambrosia Custard
- 20g Ginger Biscuits (crushed)
- Pour the warm mulled wine over the ginger cake
- Leave to soak for 10 minutes
- Divide the mixture between 10 dessert glasses
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the double cream & Ambrosia Custard, to a soft peak
- Pipe the cream mixture over the ginger cake and top with the crushed ginger biscuits and serve
This cream can be used in a wide range of fresh cream desserts, from trifles & fools, through to doughnuts and iced fingers! What ever the % of Ambrosia custard you add back to cream, you'll be saving money. The more you add, the more you save (upto 50% of cream can be replaced).
Check Sponge and Ginger Biscuits labels for additional allergen information.