Mini Jam Sponge and Custard
A delicious sponge made with McDougall Sponge mix topped with strawberry jam and served with warm custard.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 177g
- 675g McDougalls Sponge Mix
- 332ml Water
- 275g Strawberry Jam
- 500ml Bird's ready to serve Custard
- Place HALF the correct amount of water into a mixing bowl and add the weighed out McDougalls sponge mix.
- Select the whisk attachment and mix on a slow speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down
- Mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Grease 10 individual pudding pots and place 25g (1oz) Strawberry jam in the bottom of each pot.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion the sponge mix into the moulds. (2 scoops per pot)
- Cover each mould with a piece of pleated foil and steam for 20 - 30 minutes in a combi steamer or bake in the oven at 170°C/375°F/ gas mark 4 for 30 - 35 minutes. Note: when baking in the oven, place the pots in a deep baking tray and half fill with boiling water.
- Serve hot with some warm Bird's Custard.
As an alternative make one large sponge.