McDougalls Sizzling Snake
This recipe was created by Bolsover C Of E Junior School for the McDougalls Young Baking Team of the Year live final 2016.
- 450g McDougalls Pizza Base Mix
- 500ml Warm water
- 250g Ricotta cheese
- 225g Mozzarella
- 4tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 115g Sliced pepperoni
- 1tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 70g Black olives
- 1/4 Green pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 35g Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 Egg
- 1tbsp Water
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Make the dough using McDougalls Pizza Base Mix.
- Mix the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, pepperoni, parsley, Italian herbs, olives, peppers and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle shape.
- Spoon the cheese and vegetable mixture into the centre of the rolled our dough leaving a thin strip down each side.
- Fold the dough together in a circular shape and pinch the seam together to seal.
- Place on a baking tray, seal side down, and make into an 'S' shape.
- Tuck the ends of the snake underneath itself and place two eyes onto the snake made from olives.
- Beat the egg with a tablespoon of water and brush over the snake so that it will become golden in colour once baked.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.