410g Tinned pears in juice
500g McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix
Pinch of cinnamon
3 Fresh pears
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Place the pears and juice into a bowl fitted with a whisk attachment. Add the water and mix the pears for one minute to break them up.
3. Add the McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix and cinnamon and mix on slow speed for one minute. Scrape down and mix on medium speed for four minutes.
4. Pour the mix into a greased and lined 1kg loaf tin.
5. Bake for one hour – one hour 15 minutes until cooked through.
6. Cool, and serve with fresh pear slices.
Brush the top of the loaf with honey whilst still warm to give a sticky glaze