- 500g McDougalls Self Raising Flour
- 6g Baking powder
- 150g Caster sugar
- Salt to taste
- 100g Oats
- 100g Ground almonds
- 750ml Milk
- 6 Whole eggs (medium)
- 90g Unsalted butter (melted)
- 300g Blueberries (fresh)
For the sauce:
- 500ml Fresh orange juice
- 50g Maple syrup
- 50g Caster sugar
- 50g McDougalls Thickening Granules
- 50g Blueberries
- 5g Icing sugar
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- Mix in the oats and ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then the melted butter.
- Slowly pour the mixture onto the flour mixture, whisking all the time, until a smooth batter is achieved. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes, then fold in the blueberries just before cooking.
- Using a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, cook the pancakes until golden brown, then turn and repeat until the pancakes are fully cooked through. Keep warm until service.
- For the sauce, bring the orange juice, maple syrup and sugar to a simmer, then sprinkle in the thickening granules and stir until thickened.
- To serve: Serve 2 pancakes per portion, top with fresh blueberries, drizzle with the orange and maple sauce and dust with icing sugar.
- Try adding other wholegrains, seeds, blackcurrants or your favourite nuts
- The cooked pancakes will freeze, so you can make them in advance
- For an even lighter batter, fold in a little McDougalls Meri White Meringue Mix