- 75g Bird's Instant Custard Mix
- 425ml Boiling water
- 100g Sponge fingers
- 400g Canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 100g McDougalls Orange Jelly
- To make up the Bird's Custard place the custard powder in a jug and pour over the boiling water. Stir briskly with a whisk until the custard is smooth and creamy then leave to cool.
- Break the sponge fingers into pieces and then place evenly into 10 individual dishes.
- Cover the sponge with a layer of oranges divided equally between the dishes.
- Make up the McDougalls Orange Jelly according to the pack instructions and pour over the fruit and sponge then chill until set.
- When the jelly has set pour over the cooled custard and then chill.
- Garnish with some whipped cream
To make a chocolate orange trifle try using some chocolate sponge.
Check sponge fingers for additional allergen information.