Leek & Tarragon Chicken
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
Serving Size: 330g
- 20g Olive Oil
- 170g Chicken breasts - skin removed
- 275ml White wine
- 800g Leeks - washed and sliced
- 550ml Water
- 120g Bisto Chef's Gravy mix for Poultry
- 275ml Soured cream
- Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper, heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and lightly brown the chicken pieces on both sides. Place into a large casserole dish.
- Mix the water and Gravy Mix. Add the wine and leeks and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Stir and Sprinkle the tarragon into the boiling casserole, stir again. Return to the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the casserole, stir in the sour cream and pour the sauce over the chicken breasts.
This dish can also be cooked in a large pan on the stove, simply transfer ingredinets to the pan and cook for same amount of time with the lid on.