Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
Serving Size: 220g
- 1tbls Vegetable oil
- 200g Onion, finely chopped
- 500g Lean minced beef
- 900g Homepride Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 25g Butter or margarine
- 25g Flour
- 425ml Milk
- 15 Sheets of no pre cook lasagne
- 50g Grated cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the minced beef and stir-fry for a further 10 minutes over a moderate heat until the mince is browned.
- Pour the Homepride Creamy Tomato Sauce into the pan and mix well. Simmer gently for a further 10 minutes.
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a pan and sprinkle over the flour. Heat gently for 1 minute and then gradually stir in the milk. Simmer for two minutes stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Spread half of the mince mixture over the bottom of a baking dish. Cover with a layer of lasagne.
- Repeat with a layer of the remaining mince and top with the lasagne. Cover the lasagne with a layer of sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 35- 40 minutes or until the lasagne is hot and browned on the top.
As an alternative use Quorn Mince to produce a tasty vegetarian lasagne.