Italian Chicken and Courgettes and Spinach
This recipe is suitable for diabetics.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
- 10 Chicken breasts
- 20 Slices pancetta
- 25g Olive oil
- 10g Fennel seeds
- 2 Cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 Lemon (zested and juiced)
- 600g Courgettes (sliced)
- 50g Pinenuts (toasted)
- Fresh basil to garnish
- 200ml Bisto Chicken Bouillon (prepared)
- 400ml Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Black pepper to season
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Wrap each chicken breast in two slices of pancetta, then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until it reaches a core temperature of 75°C.
- Mix the olive oil, fennel seeds, lemon zest and garlic with the courgette slices. In a griddle pan cook for 2-3 minutes each side until just cooked, add the spinach and pinenuts and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Season with black pepper and add the lemon juice.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and deglaze with the chicken bouillon.
- Add the chicken stock and juices to a saucepan, add the Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce and heat through.
- To serve, place a portion of the courgette and spinach on the plate, with the chicken breast sliced and a pool of sauce.