Lamb stew made with Bisto Lamb Bouillon
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Serving Size: 170g
- 1tbls vegetable oil
- 900g diced lamb
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 3 large onions, roughly chopped
- 500ml Bisto Lamb Bouillon, made up as directed
- 10 Medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2tbls freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, toss in the meat and cook for 2 minutes until it browned, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and carrots to the pan and saute for 2 minutes. Return the lamb and any juices to the pan.
- Pour the stock over the meat and bring gently to the boil. Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and place in the oven for 1 and a half to 2 hours or until the meat is very tender . Place the potatoes on top of the meat 30minutes after the stew starts cooking.
- Before serving stir in the freshly chopped parsley.
Serve with seasonal vegetables.