- 500g McDougalls Shortcrust Pastry (made as per instructions)
- 250g Leeks
- 75g Butter
- 250g Mushrooms
- 2g Nutmeg
- Fresh thyme
- 250g Potato (cooked 1cm dice)
- 250g Puy lentils (cooked)
- 200g Chestnuts (cooked)
- 350ml Double cream
- 150g Cranberries (frozen and defrosted)
- 1 Egg (for glaze)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Make the McDougalls Shortcrust Pastry up as per the instructions on the pack, cover and rest for at least 15 minutes before using (you can also make this the day before).
- Gently fry the leeks and mushrooms in the butter until softened. Add the nutmeg and thyme. Stir in the potato, followed by the lentils, chestnuts and cream, heat and cook for 4 minutes, then take off the heat and stir in the cranberries.
- Butter and flour 10 baking rings or similar, then place onto a non-stick baking tray and line ach ring with the pastry (rolled to approximately 4mm).
- Fill each pie base with the mixture, then cover with a pastry lid and seal (decorate the tops with any pastry trimmings). Brush with a little egg wash and then place in the fridge to chill the pies before baking.
- Bake the pies for approximately 30 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Carefully lift pies from the rings and serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables and Bisto Vegetarian Gravy.