Tomato and Basil Hash
A tasty vegetarian hash made with Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce and Vegetarian Mince.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Serving Size: 300g
- 250g carrot, diced
- 250g Swede ,diced
- 100g onion finely chopped
- 300g Vegetarian Mince
- 1000g Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 150g frozen peas
- 900g potatoes, peeled diced and parboiled
- Freshly Chopped Parsley (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan and add the carrot, swede and onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the Vegetarian mince, Homepride Tomato and Basil sauce, frozen peas and potatoes.
- Simmer gently for 15 - 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir occasionally. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
For a meat version of this recipe use 400g lean minced beef which has been browned before adding the sauce.
Check vegetarian mince for additional allergen information.