Vegetarian Sausage Traybake
Vegetarian Sausages, marinated in Homepride Tomato & Basil Sauce and Baked into McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
Prep Time: 35 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Serving Size: 113g
- 500g McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
- 325ml warm water
- 1000g Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 16 Vegetarian Sausages, defrosted
- Place the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix in a mixer fitter with a dough hook. Blend in the warm water and mix on a medium speed for 8 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle 25cm x 35cm (10 x 14) and place in a greased tin of the same size.
- Stir the Vegetarian sausages into the Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce in a large bowl.
- Mix well to coat.
- Place the sausages in 2 rows of 8, onto the dough ensuring that they are evenly spaced.
- Press the sausages into the dough slightly. Brush any of the sauce that is remaining in the bowl over the sausages and the dough and ensure an even coating.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for 15 - 25 minutes, until the dough has risen well around the sausages.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5. Cut the bread in between the sausages and serve.
Try using Homepride Creamy Tomato Sauce as a tasty alternative.
Check vegetarian sausages for additional allergen information.