450g McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
275ml Warm water
200ml Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
200g Spinach, wilted and drained
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
2. Put the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix into a bowl fitted with a dough hook. Add the water and mix on slow speed for one minute, then increase the speed to medium and knead for a further seven minutes.
3. Roll out to a rectangle, approximately 25cm x 35cm.
4. Spread the Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce over the rolled out dough, then top with spinach.
5. Roll up from the largest edge to form a roulade and cut lengthways into two equal strips.
6. Roll up each strip into a circular shape, place on a greased tray and leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in size.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked. Serve hot or cold.
This recipe is all about making bread fun – experiment with different shapes, fillings and flavours. An alternative filling could be roasted red peppers and chilli, or you could tailor the recipe to a range of different cuisines