Dysphagia Herbed Chicken Cannelloni
Herbed Chicken Cannelloni from the winner of our Dysphagia Chef of the Year competition 2016
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 200g Pasta
- Vegetarian gel
- 1 Whole chicken (diced)
- 75g Paxo Sage & Onion Stuffing
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1tsp Italian herbs
- 20g Bisto Bouillon gel powder chicken stock
- 500g Tinned tomatoes
- 1 Oxo Succulent Chicken with Garlic and Thyme Pot
- 250g Frozen peas
- Blend the cooked pasta with 250ml of the water it was cooked in, and add the vegetarian gel to thicken. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve; spread the mixture thinly and on the back of a roasting tray lined with cling film and leave in the fridge to set, preferable overnight.
- Fry 3/4 of the onions and half of the garlic until brown. Then add the chicken and herbs and cook for 4-5 minutes. Cover with chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When tender, season with stuffing and leave to rest for 2 minutes, blend if necessary and add stock to thicken. Pass through a sieve and leave to cool.
- For the tomato sauce, fry the remaining onions and garlic, add the tomatoes, bring to the boil and add the Oxo Garlic and Thyme Pot. Blend and thicken if necessary, strain through a sieve and leave to cool.
- Boil the peas in salted water. Once cooked, blend with a little of the water and thicken to achieve the correct consistency.
- Spread the pea puree over the pasta sheet, pipe the chicken into a sausage shape over the full length of the tray, gently fold and roll into a cannelloni shape. Leave to rest in the fridge.
- Assemble everything on the plate, cover with foil and place in the steamer for 6-8 minutes at 75°C and serve.