Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 1kg Tinned apples
- 200g Blackberries (washed)
- 450g McDougalls Scone Mix
- 175ml Water
- Egg wash - optional
- Mix the apples and blackberries in a bowl (be careful not to break down the blackberries). Place into an oven proof dish.
- Place the McDougalls Scone Mix in a bowl. Using a dough hook blend in the water until a soft dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and then roll to 13mm thickness and cut into rounds using a 5cm cutter.
- Place on top of the fruit, brush with beaten egg and bake at 220°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. For fan assisted ovens bake at 200°C.