Fruit Chunk Muffins
Plain Muffin Mix, made with Fruit Juice and Chunks of Fruit
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1000g McDougalls Plain Muffin Mix
- 400ml Apple juice
- 475g Prepared fresh fruit (nectarines, pear, plum, banana peeled and stones removed where appropriate, then cut into 24 even sized portions,
- Place the McDougalls Plain Muffin Mix into a mixing bowl. Select the beater attachment. Blend in the apple juice on SLOW for 2 minutes. Scrape down, then mix on MEDIUM speed for a further 4 minutes.
- Place equal amounts into 24 small muffin cases. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Press a piece of fruit into the centre of the muffin batter in each case.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 for 30-35 minutes.
Ideal to serve as a snack or with custard, yoghurt, or ice-cream for pudding. For a larger portion, bigger muffin cases can be used, but still use half fruit/half muffin mix proportions.