Duck Breast with Port & Cranberry Gravy
As a great alternative roast at Christmas, duck breast is easy to prepare, cook and serve. It goes well with traditional festive flavours and in this recipe we have combined cranberry and port to give a rich and full flavoured gravy.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 10 Duck breasts (skin on)
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the gravy:
- 100ml Port
- 1ltr Boiling water
- 80g Bisto Gravy Granules
- 40g Cranberry sauce
- Score and season the duck breast.
- Place skin side down in a hot frying pan until brown and crisp. Turn the duck breast and cook for a couple more minutes depending on how well done you would like the duck.
- Remove the duck to rest and deglaze the pan with the port and water, bring to a simmer.
- Pour in the Bisto Gravy Granules and stir until thickened. Pass through a sieve into a clean pan.
- Add the cranberry sauce, stir and keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve one duck breast per portion, with the cranberry and port gravy, roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.