Dysphagia Sausage Roll
- 750g Lincolnshire sausage meat
- 450ml Bisto Gluten Free Gravy
- 100g Onion (diced)
- 20g Tomato purée
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Food thickener (if needed)
- 300g McDougalls Savoury Pastry (cooked)
- 900ml Bisto Gluten Free Gravy
- 45g Vegi Gel
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and gently cook the onion for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomato purée and sausage meat and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the Bisto Gluten Free Gravy, mix well then simmer for 20 minutes until sausage is cooked through and soft.
- Blend the mixture until smooth with no lumps. Check the seasoning and add food thickener, if required.
- Complete dysphagia diet texture checks.
- Blend the cooked pastry to a fine crumb in a blender.
- In a pan combine the pastry crumb with the Bisto Gluten Free Gravy and Vegi Gel.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes and continue stirring until a thick paste has formed.
- Spread between two sheets of baking parchment and lightly roll with a rolling pin to make a pastry sheet.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once the pastry sheet has cooled cut into 4" x 2" rectangles.
- Pipe the sausage mixture across the centre of the rectangle.
- Roll the pastry around the sausage to create a sausage roll.
- To heat, place on a plate and cover with cling film. Steam for 6 minutes until core temperature is reached.