For the sponge
- 375g McDougalls Plain Sponge (Baked)
- 200ml Ambrosia custard
- 50ml Yoghurt
For the Pineapple section
- 400g Tinned pineapple drained
- 20g Nutricia Clear
For the cherry section
- 100g Tinned cherry pie filling
- 5g Nutricia Clear
- Place sponge into a food blender and blend to a fine crumb. Add the custard and yogurt to make a puree. Check against descriptor C check list to ensure it passed, if there are any bits or it is not the correct consistency blend or adjust as needed. Place in a piping bag.
- Blend the pineapple then pass through a sieve to ensure all bits are removed. Add the Nutricia Clear and leave for 2 minutes, check constancy against check list. Add more Nutricia if it is not thick enough. Place in piping bag.
- Blend the pie filling then pass through a sieve to ensure all skin and bits are removed. Add the Nutricia Clear leave for 2 minutes check constancy against check list. Add more Nutricia if needed. Place into a piping bag.
- Serve in clear glasses or bowls place sponge in the bottom then pipe a ring of piped pineapple puree on top and garnishing with cherry puree.