- 500g Minced beef
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 sticks of Celery (diced)
- 1tsp Bisto Beef Paste
- 1tsp Olive oil
- 1tin Chopped tomatoes
- 1dsp Tomato paste
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1tsp Dark brown sugar
- 300g Batchelors Instant Mash
- Knob of butter
- Splash of milk
- Sweat off the onions, carrots and celery until the onions are tender.
- Add minced beef and cook until brown before straining off the fat.
- Return to pan and add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and Bisto Beef Paste.
- Season to taste and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Blend together until the correct consistency.
- Meanwhile, make up 300g of Batchelors Instant Mash, mold into a plan case and fill with meat.
- Turn out onto the chopping board and portion.