Dysphagia Black Forest Gâteau
The Black Forest Gâteau is not named directly after the Black Forest in Germany but from the special liquor of that region. We have adapted this recipe for the healthcare sector to aid those in need of a dysphagia safe solution.
For the sponge
- 375g McDougalls Chocolate Sponge (baked)
- 250ml Ambrosia custard
- A dash of Kirsch (optional)
For the cream
- 250ml Double cream
- 250ml Ambrosia Custard
For the cherry section
- 400g Tinned cherry pie filling
- 20g Nutricia clear
- Place sponge into a food blender and blend to a fine crumb. Add the custard to make a puree. Season with Kirsch (optional) check against descriptor C check list to ensure it passed, if there are any bits or it is not the correct consistency blend or adjust as needed. Place in a piping bag.
- Whip cream and custard together until forms peaks place into another piping bag.
- Blend the pie filling then pass through a sieve to ensure all skin and bits are removed. Add the Nutricia Clear leave for 2 minutes check constancy against check list. Add more Nutricia if needed. Place into a piping bag.
- Serve in clear glasses or bowls layering sponge, cream and cherry, then another layer of sponge, a swirl of cream and cherry filling like a cherry in a small blob.