Muffins with Apples & Oats
Muffins made with McDougalls carrot cake
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 50g
- 750g McDougalls Carrot Cake Mix
- 325ml Cold Water
- 75ml Vegetable oil
- 225g Fresh apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 75g Rolled oats
- 25g Demarara sugar
- Place McDougalls Carrot Cake Mix into a mixing bowl fitted with a beater and blend in the water and oil on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down and mix for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the apple and 50g of the oats and mix on slow for 1 minute.
- Using an ice cream scoop portion the batter into 25 mini muffin cases.
- Mix the remaining oats and sugar together and sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes at 180°C/ 350°F /Gas Mark 4.
As an alternative make into a traybake.
Checks Oats packet for additional allergen information.