Spiced Apple Squares
McDougalls Carrot Cake Mix with Apples & Sultanas
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 750g McDougalls Carrot Cake Mix
- 300ml Water
- 75ml Vegetable oil
- 385g Canned apples, chopped finely
- 100g Sultanas
- 50g Demarara sugar
- Place the McDougalls Carrot Cake Mix in a bowl fitted with a beater. Blend in the water and oil on slow speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down and then mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Mix in the apples and sultanas and pour into a greased 25cm x 35cm (10in x 14in) tin.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with demerara sugar as soon as the cake is removed from the oven.
- When cool cut into 24 pieces.