Cinnamon and Red Apple Crumble Muffins
McDougalls Muffin mix flavoured with cinnamon and sliced red apple.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 120g
- 1000g McDougalls Plain Muffin mix
- 400ml Cold water
- 120ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Large Red Eating apples(Skin on cored and sliced)
- 3tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 4tbls McDougalls Crumble mix
- 2tbls Golden Granulated sugar
- Place the McDougalls Plain Muffin mix into a mixing bowl fitted with a beater, add the water, oil and ground Cinnamon and mix on SLOW speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down and mix for a further 4 minutes on MEDIUM speed.
- Scale at 120g into muffin cases. Press the apple slices into the tops of the muffins,mix together the McDougalls Crumble mix and granulated sugar and sprinkle over the tops of the muffins. Allow the batter to stand for 15 minute before placing in to the oven
- Bake at 170c/325f/Gas mark 3 for 25-30 minutes. For a fan assisted oven reduce the cooking temperature by 10c
This recipe works equally well with other fruit such as Pears, Peaches, Apricots or Plums.