Chocolate Orange Sponge
McDougalls Chocolate Sponge with Canned Mandarin’s
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 700g McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix
- 500g Canned Mandarin orange segments drained & juice reserved
- 200ml Orange Juice reserved from cans of mandarin oranges
- Place the McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix & mandarin orange segments in a bowl fitted with a whisk. Blend in the orange juice on slow speed for 1 minute, scrape down and then mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Transfer to a greased 25cm x 35cm (10 x 14) tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
- If serving cold, allow to cool before cutting into portions. For fan assisited ovens bake at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
Serve cold as a snack, alternatively hot with McDougalls Chocolate flavour custard.