Chocolate Cake with hidden Vegetables
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Serving Size: 80g
- 700g McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix
- 175g Cooked beetroot, grated
- 175g Carrot, peeled and grated
- 350ml Orange juice or apple juice
- 200g Icing: Icing sugar,
- 2Q tbsp Orange or apple juice
- Place the McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix, grated beetroot and carrot in a bowl fitted with a whisk. Blend in the fruit juice on slow speed for 1 minute, scrape down and then mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Transfer to a greased 25cm x 35cm (10 x 14) tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm to touch. For fan assisted ovens, reduce temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Blend the icing sugar with sufficient fruit juice to form a smooth icing, spread or drizzle over the cake. Allow to harden slightly before cutting.