Chilli Con Carne (1970’S)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 210g
- 1tbls Vegetable oil
- 200g Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 300g Carrots, finely diced
- 500g Lean minced beef
- 900g Homepride Chilli Sauce
- 400g Can kidney beans, drained
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the onion, celery, and carrots. Stir-fry the vegetables for about 6-7 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the minced beef to the pan and stir-fry until the mince is browned, drain off any excess water or fat.
- Add the Homepride Chilli Sauce and bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the Kidney beans 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Serve with long grain rice.
Substitute the Minced beef for Quorn Mince for a vegetarian alternative.