Chicken & Mushroom Casserole
Chicken and Mushroom Casserole made with chicken portions, mushrooms and Bisto Chicken Gravy Granules.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 0.50Q Tbsp Oil
- 2Q large Chicken Portions
- 1Q Garlic Clove - Crushed
- 1Q Onion - Sliced
- 180g Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 110ml Red Wine
- 1Q Tbsp Bisto Chicken Gravy Granules
- 0.50Q Tbsp Fresh Mixed herbs - chopped
- 0.50Q Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 55g Mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, season the chicken then add to the pan, brown on both sides, Remove from the pan and place in a large casserole dish.
- Fry the garlic and the onions until slightly softened, stir in the chopped tomatoes and red wine and bring to the boil. Blend in the gravy granules and stir until thickened. Stir in the chopped herbs
- Pour the sauce over the chicken portions, cover and cook at 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 for about ¾ hour, then add the mushrooms and white wine vinegar and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes.