Chicken Chow Mein
Thinly sliced chicken breast, with onions, baby corn, beansprouts, water chestnuts, cashew nuts, mixed peppers and Sharwood’s noodles, bound in Sharwood’s Chow Mein & Chinese Mushroom Sauce.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serving Size: 225g
- 50ml Sunflower Oil
- 550g Chicken Breast - thinly sliced
- 115g Onions - sliced
- 50g Cashew Nuts
- 275g Sharwood's Egg Noodles - Dry weight
- 115g Baby Corn - sliced
- 50g Each of Green and Red Peppers - sliced
- 50g Water Chestnuts - sliced
- 200g Bean sprouts
- 300g Sharwood's Chow Mein Chinese Mushroom Sauce
- Spring Onions - sliced, for garnish
- Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling, salted water for 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Stir-fry the chicken and onions for 4 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts, baby corn, peppers, water chestnuts and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Sharwood's Egg Noodles, bean sprouts and Sharwood's Chow Mein Sauce.
- Heat thoroughly and serve.
Garnish with spring onions. Turkey or prawns could also be used in this recipe.