Butternut Squash, Bacon & Onion Soup
Butternut squash soup with Bisto Ham Bouillon and Bacon lardons.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Serving Size: 290g
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 150g Onion - chopped
- 6 Rashers smoked streaky bacon - cut into small lardons
- 150g carrot - finely chopped
- 150g Celeriac - finely chopped
- 450g Butternut squash - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 130g Potatoes - peeled & chopped
- 1500ml water
- 35g Bisto Ham Bouillon
- Cracked black pepper
- Melt the olive oil in a deep casserole pan, add the onions and bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celeriac and continue cooking for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the squash, potato and water , bring to the boil, stir well and reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for approximately 30 minutes until all vegetables are soft, then add the bouillon and stir until discolved.
- Purée the soup in a blender, add pepper to taste and then reheat thoroughly and serve.
Check Bacon label for additional allergen information.